Sunday, December 16, 2012

Twine bulbs

Hi everyone,

I have a fun Sunday post for you today!

I recently decided to play with the adorable Christmas Candy Cane  twine to create some fun bulbs for the tree!  But once I had them finished, I realized that I had an even better use for them!



Each of these great light covers (I have no idea what to call them - can anyone think of anything better than "light cover"???) was simply created by dipping the twine into a fabric stiffener, and then wrapping them around a small balloon.  Once they were dry, I pulled out the balloon and simply slipped the light strand into the spaces between the twine.  I actually added a few beads to the bulbs as well for a little bit of sparkle.  I think my favorite part are the shadows that are created on the wall.

The fun thing about this project is that you could really use it in different ways!  Fill up a clear bowl with a handful of these for an awesome centerpiece.  Add a hook to the top and you have an awesome ornament.  Put a bit of mistletoe at the top of one, and you have a great home decor item!  So, go pick up some of this great twine - it's on sale this month so don't miss out!!!   

And don't forget to stop by my blog for a few extra details!

11 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea!!!! So festive and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so CUTE! I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous creation! I love how you used the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow are these fun, I keep meaning to try this and then promptly forget LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried one of these once and my balloon was more oval shaped so that was the shape I got. I LOVE yours, stunning. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo, love! I tried this but it was a huge fail. Glad you got it to work and have it be totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We love to read them!